Accessibility Options
Text Size
High contrast
Contact Numbers
Call Us 0330 056 4467
Call Us
General 0330 056 4467

Local Authority FAQs

Below you will find a helpful list of the questions we get asked the most often by local authorities. If you can't find the answer to your question, please contact us on: 0330 056 4467

  • What are the typical cost, fees and funding for placing a young person?

    This will differ between the schools, colleges and children’s homes. We take a transparent approach to fees, which are competitive and matched to the individual’s placement needs.

    Our flexible packages are focused to achieve the very best outcomes for each placement and blend education, employment, care, therapy, and specialised health services to provide personalised support for young people with even the most complex needs.

    To find out more information on our fees and funding, please click here.  

  • Do you charge for education and care assessments?

    Our education and care services will not charge for the initial assessment. Visits and day assessments are also free of charge, however longer assessments may be subject to a cost.

    Please call: 0330 056 4467 for more information and we will be happy to discuss this in more detail.

  • How do I arrange to visit one of your schools, colleges or children’s homes?

    You can contact the services that you are interested in and ask to speak to the referrals manager, head teacher or registered home manager. They will ask you some questions regarding the young person, their needs and arrange a suitable time for you to visit the site.

    It is often better on the first visit to go without the young person, so you are able to communicate openly about their needs, look at the facilities and ask any questions that you may have. If you would like the young person to view the school, college or standalone children’s home before the referral process starts, another visit can always be arranged.

    Call us on 0330 056 4467 or email: placements@aspris.com to arrange a visit.

  • Do you have a provision to meet young people's needs after 16 years of age?

    Yes many of our schools and colleges provide a post-16 specialist level of provision and some schools are designed specifically for students over the age of 16. The provision available for post-16 students is dependent upon the individual's learning difficulties and disabilities. In all our schools and colleges, students are provided with opportunities to achieve external accreditation e.g BTECs, GNVQs, ASDAN awards, as well as developing their independence and social skills. 

  • Do you have different types of therapy available on site?

    The level of therapy available in each of our schools, colleges and children’s homes varies, so local authorities are advised to enquire directly with the service about the therapies available when a placement is being considered. The range of therapies available includes:

    • Speech and language therapy
    • Art and music therapy
    • Counselling
    • Psychotherapy
    • Occupational therapy
    • Reflexology

    The young people will be assessed before decisions are made to give them access to particular therapies. A strong emphasis is placed on the 'Every Child Matters' agenda. The therapy sessions offered assist the young person to settle into a school or college, enjoy and achieve, feel safe, be able to make a positive contribution to their environment, plan and prepare for the next stage in their lives. 

  • How do you involve children's parents or carers when they are at school, college or children’s home?

    Parents and carers are very much involved in a partnership with the school, college and/or children’s home. All students are seen as individuals and parents/carers are kept fully informed of their child's progress and development right from the initial referral stage. They are invited to visit the service before a placement has been agreed and are always welcome to visit on other occasions. Contact numbers are exchanged and parents/carers are kept fully informed of the referral process and the induction programme for their child.

    Each school, college and children’s home operates a variety of support staff systems. Many of these involve the service appointing a key worker or link worker to support their child. Part of their responsibility is to ensure that regular contact is maintained with parents and carers in order to keep them fully informed. Parents and carers are particularly welcome in the site’s open days, where opportunities exist for visits to the various departments of the school, college or home and a chance to see the achievements of the students. All parents and carers are given advanced notice of the annual review dates and are encouraged to attend these. Parent and carers are also provided with regular reports on their son's or daughter's progress.

  • How do I raise a concern or make a complaint about your services?

    In the first instance, local authorities are encouraged to contact the member of staff they usually communicate with to raise any concerns or complaints they may have. If this response is not satisfactory, the school principal or registered home manager should be contacted. They are committed to ensuring that full support is given to enable local authorities and parents to understand and deal with any concerns and complaints.

    If you feel that the complaint has not been resolved, you are asked to put your complaint in writing to a regional manager of Aspris Children’s Services. Regional managers can be contacted at the Aspris Registered Head Office.

    Aspris Children's Services Limited
    The Forge
    Church Street West
    GU21 6HT

  • How do I make a general enquiry about education and care provision?

    To make a general enquiry about Aspris Children’s Services or a specific Aspris school, college or children’s home, please call the central enquiries team on 0330 056 4467 or email: placements@aspris.com, where a dedicated specialist is available to discuss your requirements in more detail and offer advice where possible.